Study PermitCanada has one of the best education systems in the world
A Study Permit is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows students to study and stay in Canada temporarily. If a student wants to study in Canada for a period of less than six months, there is no need for a study permit. However, if the educational program is more than six months, it is a must obtain a study permit before commencing the educational program. It is wildly known that Canada is a highly developed country and has one of the best teaching methodologies and valuable degrees. Students around the world want to enroll in Canadian universities, colleges and schools.
Designated Learning Institutions
A study visa only allows students to start their studies in Canada at Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). The study permit allows students to stay in Canada until their programs end and in some cases work while they are enrolled in school or work after they graduate.
To keep the Canada study visa, the following conditions must be met:
- Always be enrolled in a DLI
- Complete your study program
- Meet the requirements of the student visa
- Stop studying if you do not meet the requirements of the student visa
- Leave Canada immediately once your study permit expires
In order to meet the eligibility of the study permit, you should get the following
- letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution;
- proof of sufficient financial support to cover the first year of tuition fees and the cost of living expenses;
- Prepare the plan to prove to the officer that the student will leave Canada after completing the degree;
- If studying in Quebec, the student should get the Quebec the Acceptance Certificate of Quebec (CAQ);
- Degree and transcripts of the student’s educational institution; and
- Language test to prove to the officer that the student has sufficient language proficiency to study in Canada.
The Immigration Levels Plan acts as a guide for the number of immigrants Canada aims to welcome...
As part of efforts to modernize Canada’s immigration system and improve client service,...
continues to be a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to work, study, and build their lives.
August 24, 2022—Ottawa—Canada is a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to...
IRCC has just announced significant enhancements to the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa. These...
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Sean Fraser make an announcement on upcoming...