SKILLED WORKER PROGRAMFederal and Provincial Nominee Skilled Workers
This program is dedicated to skilled workers (FSWP) with foreign work experience who wish to immigrate to Canada permanently.
FSWP contains the minimum requirements for:
- Skilled work experience
- Language Proficiency
- Level of Education
If you meet all the minimum requirements, IRCC will evaluate your application based on six factor:
- work experience
- Having a valid job offer
- English and/or French skills
The minimum passing score is 67 points out of 100 points. To find out if you have the required minimum score, you can use our skilled Worker Calculator.
Once you passed the first calculation. The passing score will make you eligible for the Provincial nominee programs and will also make you eligible to enroll in the express entry system. Passing the eligibility assessment will qualify you to apply for the Provincial nominee programs.
Calculate Your CRS Score
How to write your Resume
Reference Letter (Experience Letter)
Find out your NOC
Canada’s Express Entry system for permanent residence selects the highest scoring applicants from a pool of qualified applicants according to the Comprehensive Ranking System. Approximately every two weeks, the top-scoring applicants are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Building an Express Entry Profile and Entering the Express Entry Pool
Applicants create an online application and are scored according to the Comprehensive Ranking System. The Express Entry Point System Factors are as follows:
- Age Factor: Young applicants are favored
- Education: Credentials must be assessed
- Language Ability (English and/or French): Language tests (IELTS, CELPIP and TEF) determine points
- Work Experience: Low-skill work does not qualify
- Canadian Job Offer: A positive LMIA or a NAFTA or Intra-company work permit
- Canadian Education: Scaling points for Canadian post-secondary credentials
- Canadian Siblings: Points for Canadian siblings older than 18
- Marital Status: Single and married applicants receive different points