BC Provincial Nominee Program
British Columbia is the warmest province, a hub of cultural diversity and economic growth.
Investment of at least CAD $200,000
CAD 600,000 worldwide including values of current and fixed assets
This program offers Work Permit. Must operate the business within 24 months to get the permanent residency
Picturesque mountain view in the Canadian Rockies in summer season[/caption]British Columbia is the most western province in Canada. It is bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the west and the Rocky Mountains and the Alberta border on the east. The south of B.C. shares a border with the United States, and the province extends north to the borders of Yukon and the Northwest Territories. The province has very diverse geography. B.C.’s landscapes include rocky coastlines, sandy beaches, forests, lakes, mountains, inland deserts and grassy plains.
Applicants who intend to settle and invest in British Columbia may be eligible for Canadian permanent residence under this immigration stream. BC business immigration program is for senior managers or business owners who intend to invest in British Columbia.
- have a personal net worth of at least CAD$600,000
- demonstrate business and/or management experience
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- must also have been lawfully admitted in the country where you currently reside.
Business, job, and investment requirements To qualify you must:
- establish an eligible new business or purchase and improve an existing business
- make an eligible personal investment of at least CAD$200,000 in the business
- create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in the business
The following types of businesses are ineligible under the BC PNP:
- bed and breakfasts, hobby farms and home-based businesses
- a payday loan, cheque cashing, money changing and cash machine businesses
- scrap metal recycling
- coin-operated laundries
- automated car wash operations
- businesses selling used goods (excluding businesses that provide value-added services such as repairs, refurbishing or recycling)
- real estate development/brokerage, insurance brokerage or business brokerage
- businesses involved in producing, distributing or selling pornography or sexually explicit products or services, or providing sexually oriented services
- any other type of business that by association would tend to bring the BC PNP or the Government of British Columbia into disrepute.
- convenience stores
- DVD rental stores
- gasoline service stations
- dry cleaning services
- tanning salons
Canada welcomes historic number of newcomers in 2022
Government reaches target of 431,645 new permanent residents January 3, 2023—Ottawa—Canada has...
IRCC approves Pearson Test of English for Canadian immigration applications
By the end of 2023, the Pearson Test of English (PTE) will...
Canada to welcome 500,000 new immigrants in 2025
The Immigration Levels Plan acts as a guide for the number of immigrants Canada aims to welcome...
Transitioning to online applications for permanent residence
As part of efforts to modernize Canada’s immigration system and improve client service,...
A stronger immigration system that better serves newcomers
continues to be a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to work, study, and build their lives.
Tackling immigration backlogs to help Canadian businesses grow
August 24, 2022—Ottawa—Canada is a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to...