PhD Graduate StreamCanada has one of the best education systems in the world
Ontario Ph.D. Graduate Stream
The Ph.D. Graduate Stream targets Ph.D. graduates who studied in Ontario intend to live and work in Ontario. This program gives international graduates with an Ontario Ph.D. degree the opportunity to obtain permanent residency status upon graduation and without having work experience.
In order to qualify, you should
- have completed the requirements necessary to obtain a Ph.D. degree. The degree must be from an eligible university in Ontario;
- have at least two years of your Ph.D. studies must have been completed while legally living and studying in Ontario;
- have never received a bursary, grant, or scholarship that requires you to return to your home country after you earn your Ph.D. degree;
- have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before applying;
- submit your application within two years of completing the requirements necessary to obtain your Ph.D. degree;
- intend to live and work in Ontario after you’re granted permanent residence; and
- have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada. You can meet this requirement through one or a combination of any of the following:
- funds as demonstrated by the balance listed in bank statements, or statements of accounts showing other investments such as non-locked in, fixed-term deposits, mutual funds, etc.
- annual earnings from ongoing employment in Ontario, and/or
- a job offer in Ontario.
The Canadian federal court clarified that in the visa application process, officers don't have to...
Canada's Entry into the Apostille Convention On 16 May 2023, Global Affairs Canada made an...
Ministerial Introduction: Ministers Karina Gould and Sean Fraser present the latest Canadian...
Government reaches target of 431,645 new permanent residents January 3, 2023—Ottawa—Canada has...
By the end of 2023, the Pearson Test of English (PTE) will be one of the acceptance tests for...
Delivered Monday, December 5, 2022, in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Good morning, everyone,...