PhD Graduate StreamCanada has one of the best education systems in the world
Ontario Ph.D. Graduate Stream
The Ph.D. Graduate Stream targets Ph.D. graduates who studied in Ontario intend to live and work in Ontario. This program gives international graduates with an Ontario Ph.D. degree the opportunity to obtain permanent residency status upon graduation and without having work experience.
In order to qualify, you should
- have completed the requirements necessary to obtain a Ph.D. degree. The degree must be from an eligible university in Ontario;
- have at least two years of your Ph.D. studies must have been completed while legally living and studying in Ontario;
- have never received a bursary, grant, or scholarship that requires you to return to your home country after you earn your Ph.D. degree;
- have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before applying;
- submit your application within two years of completing the requirements necessary to obtain your Ph.D. degree;
- intend to live and work in Ontario after you’re granted permanent residence; and
- have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada. You can meet this requirement through one or a combination of any of the following:
- funds as demonstrated by the balance listed in bank statements, or statements of accounts showing other investments such as non-locked in, fixed-term deposits, mutual funds, etc.
- annual earnings from ongoing employment in Ontario, and/or
- a job offer in Ontario.
Canada welcomes historic number of newcomers in 2022
Government reaches target of 431,645 new permanent residents January 3, 2023—Ottawa—Canada has...
IRCC approves Pearson Test of English for Canadian immigration applications
By the end of 2023, the Pearson Test of English (PTE) will...
Canada to welcome 500,000 new immigrants in 2025
The Immigration Levels Plan acts as a guide for the number of immigrants Canada aims to welcome...
Transitioning to online applications for permanent residence
As part of efforts to modernize Canada’s immigration system and improve client service,...
A stronger immigration system that better serves newcomers
continues to be a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to work, study, and build their lives.
Tackling immigration backlogs to help Canadian businesses grow
August 24, 2022—Ottawa—Canada is a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to...