Canadian Experience ClassCEC is for skilled workers who have temporary work permits
Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is for skilled workers who have temporary work permits and want to become permanent residents.
- If the job is a managerial role (skill level is 0 or A) then the applicant should get CLB7
- If the job is a professional or technical job (skill level B) then the applicant should get CLB5
- Legally worked for at least one year within the last three years in Canada. The job should be full-time or equivalent.
- Refugee claimants and people without status in Canada are not eligible to apply
- Intent to settle and work outside of the province of Quebec
Approved applicants for the CEC stream will become permanent residents of Canada. As a result, they can permanently settle in Canada and apply to become Canadian citizens.
Advantages of CEC
- Canadian work experience is a significant advantage and it is a highly rewarded factor under the express entry system.
- CEC requires simple documents and it is a relatively fast application.
- There are no financial requirements for this program.
The Canadian Experience Class is under the express entry system. Nevertheless, there is no guarantee that the applicant will receive an invitation to apply. If your CRS score is below the cut-off required to receive an invitation.
The Immigration Levels Plan acts as a guide for the number of immigrants Canada aims to welcome...
As part of efforts to modernize Canada’s immigration system and improve client service,...
continues to be a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to work, study, and build their lives.
August 24, 2022—Ottawa—Canada is a destination of choice for people looking for a new place to...
IRCC has just announced significant enhancements to the Parents and Grandparents Super Visa. These...
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Sean Fraser make an announcement on upcoming...