The IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) is set to prioritize Express Entry candidates who possess robust French language skills or have work experience in certain sectors. These sectors include:
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
- Trades like carpenters, plumbers, and contractors
- Agriculture and agri-food
Up until now, there have been two Express Entry draws based on specific categories.
However, as of now, there has been no Express Entry draw focusing on the 10 in-demand Transport occupations. According to an IRCC spokesperson, it’s anticipated that a draw will be conducted for this category in the near future.
The category-based draws within Express Entry entail three primary eligibility criteria as minimum requirements. These are:
- Work experience in a designated category within the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- Proficiency in either English or French language
- Educational qualifications