Countless destinations to explore in Canada
Visitors’ visas are required for certain foreign nationals who wish to visit or travel through Canada. You may or may not require a temporary resident visa depending on your citizenship. If you do not require a visa to travel to Canada, a determination as to whether you will be allowed into Canada will be made upon your arrival to Canada at either the border or airport.
Foreign nationals who do require visas must first make applications to a Canadian visa office before they travel to Canada. Applications will need to meet the following requirements:
- have a valid travel document, such as a passport.
- be in good health; A medical examination may be requested.
- satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties to your country of origin, such as a job, home and family, which will compel you to return.
- satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- have sufficient funds for your stay; The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.
- you may also need a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
If your application is approved, the visa office will provide you with either a multiple entry or single entry visa. You can then use this visa to travel and enter Canada.