Alberta Business Program
Alberta Business Program is dedicated to international entrepreneurs who have farming experience.
Investment of CAD $500,000
CAD 500,000 worldwide including values of current and fixed assets
This program offers the permanent residency
Alberta Business Program
Every year, people from all over the world choose Alberta, Canada as a great place to work and live for its high standard of living, diverse and welcoming communities, beautiful landscapes and much more. Alberta is the only province in Canada with no provincial sales tax and our personal income tax is the lowest in Canada. This positive business climate attracts investment and allows Alberta businesses to compete successfully around the world.
Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream
The Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream (SEF) is managed by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program in collaboration with the Alberta Agriculture and Forestry. SEF aims to attract farm business people who plan to settle in Alberta in order to acquire and manage their farming business. When receiving a nomination under the SEF, candidates can then apply for Permanent Residence to the federal government of Canada.
Applicants should meet three primary requirements:
1. Farm management experience:
You can prove your managerial experience by showing the following:
- financial statements of an existing farm business;
- University/College certificate, training, and work experience letter;
- A business plan for the farming enterprise to be developed in Alberta; and
- proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business.
2. Sufficient financial resources:
You should have the minimum net worth of CAD $500,000. SEF requires applicants to invest a minimum of CAD $500,000 CAD.
3. Primary production investment:
You must document your investment strategies in a projected business plan.
Applications demonstrating the best prospect for growth relevant to the province targets will be given priority.
Summary of the requirements:
- Minimum Net Worth: CAD $500,000
- Minimum Investment: CAD $500,000 in a primary production farming business
- Experience: Farm management experience in an existing farm business
- EOI System: No
- Managerial Role: Required
- Business Plan: Required
- Exploratory Visit: Recommended
- Interview: Required
- Refundable Deposit: Not required
- PR after obtaining provincial nomination certificate
- Additional Requirements: Canadian financial institution must finance the proposed Alberta farming business
Advantages of living in Alberta
In Alberta, your employment options are almost endless. Albertans work in trades, professional fields and everything in between. If you have a good work ethic and a strong desire to succeed you can achieve the quality of life to which you aspire.
Alberta has capitalized on strengths in agriculture, energy, forestry and industrial products to develop a diverse economy. As Canada’s energy province, Alberta is home to more than 60 percent of the country’s conventional crude oil reserves and all of its heavy oil and oil sands reserves.
Alberta is the only province in Canada with no provincial sales tax and our personal income tax is the lowest in Canada. This positive business climate attracts investment and allows Alberta businesses to compete successfully around the world.
Facts & Information About Alberta
- Alberta is the fourth largest province in Canada. It is similar in size to Texas, three times the size of Great Britain or equal to the combined areas of France, Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands.
- The province has a diversity of natural terrain—parklands, grasslands, primordial badlands, vast tracts of wildlands, boreal forests and plains, ancient glaciers, thousands of lakes and rivers, and mountain ranges that run the length of North and South America.
- Canada’s economic driver, Alberta has consistently led in annual rates of growth and job creation.
- Alberta is the world’s second-largest exporter of natural gas.
- Alberta has the most attractive investment climate in the country, far above any other provinces.
- Alberta has the sixth ranked education system in the world and the best in the English speaking world.