The Canadian Experience Class is for foreign skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents. They are ideal candidates to become permanent residents since they have Canadian work experience, settled in Canada, and established professional and social networks.
- obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date; and
- Meet or surpass a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 (“initial intermediate”) or 7 (“adequate intermediate proficiency”), depending on the level of the job;
- Plan to live and work outside of Quebec; and
- The skilled work experience is defined under:
- managerial jobs (skill level 0)
- professional jobs (skill type A)
- technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.
- meet the minimum language level of:
- Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
- Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs
The language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.